Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"What's it like up there anyway?"

How many times do I get to hear that? How hot is it in Alaska? Now how much daylight do you really have?

I took this picture last week at, well you can see, 10:50 pm. Pretty light out, huh?

Here's another:


Tonight we are sweltering!! It got up to somewhere in the 70s this afternoon and we are so HOT! I know, some of you are probably thinking that 70 is not hot. Here it is for some reason. Plus, keep in mind that we don't have a/c up here. I don't know of anyone who has it in their homes. Our thermostat is reading 77 right now and it is 8pm. Still have about 6 more hours until sundown. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 70s. It's gonna be a hot one.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's funny, people really don't understand when you say that it is light all the time!! What a good way to show people!