Thursday, April 29, 2010

A little bit different

So I wanted to share a few things I am doing, in order to survive my chaos. I have been doing things a bit differently around here. And, Shawn, this will all go back to "normal" when you get home (especially #1 and #2).

1. I make my own coffee.

2. I take out the trash. On time.

3. I don't recycle anything more than what is collected at our curbiside. (Cardboard goes in the trash can, sorry. I am not driving all the way out there!)

4. I do a load or two of laundry almost every day. I normally insist on waiting for a "laundry day" since our washer is so enormous.

5. Dinner is at 4:30pm. And it will be simple. Last night was my famous "English Muffin Pizzas." I don't think you need me to write down that recipe!

6. Big kids get a shower or bath at 6:30pm. Hilarious, I know. But it works. Henry gets his bath at 8:00 so I have to start the other two early.

7. I pay someone to do my lawn.

8. Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth.

9. I eat standing up in the kitchen usually while preparing meals for the kids. I aim to get my meal eaten before the kids eat. I am quite grouchy when I am hungry.

10. I am not afraid to ask for help when I need it. (Shawn, listen to this...) Just this morning I asked a man to help me carry in my boxes at the post office instead of juggling everything myself! I KNOW! I could hardly believe I did it either! I should add that I attempted to carry everything first, but decided to ask when I didn't even have enough hands and arms to get out of the car.

--Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate---I love this!!! What we do to make life simpiler...why is it so tough anyway??? It's not supposed to be, I thought; yet, most days have some challenge, or many.. depending! I wish my kitchen looked as good as yours...mine is crazy!! Sounds to me like you are doing FABULOUSLY!!

Kae

Katie Nicksic said...

She's doing so fabulous, she needs to stay in OKC and not go to her Mom's house. : )