Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break in an RV Part 3

Finally! A night spent in our rented RV. Which, by the way, got many compliments our stay. "Nice rig!" "This is a nice RV." "You got yourselves a nice one there."
Then we'd clarify, that this was our first time out and it was not ours, but a rental.
"Oh I thought you'd gone all in on your first one!"

IMG_8437
Roman Nose State Park, OK

The weather had climbed well out of the 20s and into the 70s by our last day. I stepped outside and cooked our breakfast that morning on my Cuisinart Griddler/Panini Press. A fancy-shmancy appliance I got for Christmas. Not a camping item either. It was from my kitchen at home. But that is a camping breakfast! Hot pancakes and even bacon. That's what you smell in a campground in the morning- meat cooking outside. This was pretty special, too, considering we normally have pancakes for dinner. (I can't get up early and cook breakfast before the kids are up. They wake up too darn early and I am always tired.)

They devoured the food. All the food actually. For three days of camping, I packed a cantelope, a watermelon, a box of strawberries and a bunch of bananas. All of it- gone by Thursday morning.

We needed energy for this:

Taking walks.
IMG_8439
More hiking trails.
IMG_8441
Playing putt-putt.
IMG_8430
S's first game of golf.
IMG_8435
H's first golf game, too. But he mostly carried a ball around. Until he saw this hole.
IMG_8434
Shawn, so serious about a hole with a giant mouse in the middle of it.
IMG_8429

Lots of lounging, too.

OH, you have to see this! The kids sat in the bunks and watched the DVD players (that were in the bunks). This worked out great when I was making dinner. They needed the rest by that time of day. I needed them to not fight and be in the way.
IMG_4288
H and S were small enough they could sit up in the bed.
IMG_4286

And even cuter...this is what they look like from outside the RV.
IMG_4316
IMG_4312

I forgot to mention, we picked up the RV on a Monday and had to return it by 11am on Thursday. We pulled in around 10:30 or so. Total Chinese firedrill to unpack the thing. Then I followed Shawn over to return it. He said it was 11:06 when he pulled in.

IMG_8420
...and THAT is how much we loved the RV trip!

--Kate

2 comments:

AFJ said...

Looks like a successful trip! We have the "griddler" too...loved all the pics.

MarthaJeanTheMeanMachine said...

Great pictures! The kids are sooo cute! Jerad also caught that it looked like you got a new piggy! Is it true?!