So much to blog about today. Maybe since I haven't posted for over a week. Okay, over two weeks. Not a good start to 2008. But I have been busy at the sewing machine. Just trying new things and making some old standbys. PJ pants for Shawn and me, fleece pants for Stella (this is her third pair), a reusable coffee cup sleeve that Shawn ripped apart. It was a new craft I was trying. He thought is was pretty cool- S-Is this velcro? Rip. K-No, it's not. It's ok. I scorched the fabric with the iron. I will try to put a picture of this on the flickr link. I made a bag for my new yoga mat that Shawn got me for Christmas. I told myself that I wasn't going to open the mat until I had a new bag for it. It turned out so cute. And I just made it from extra fabric I had in my stash. Since then it has been one project after another. But small projects. Ones that can be accomplished in a naptime. I know you are just dying to see my crafts...go to our Flickr link.
Last Thursday, my friend Melissa came over for a Craft Day (Lori, remember these? Total tribute to you.) Well I haven't done a craft day since, geez 1994? So what did we make? headbands. They turned out great!! And we learned one thing: I have a smaller than average head and Melissa has a larger than average head! So if anyone wanted us to make you one (and you know you do!), we would need your head size. I wish I had a picture of us wearing them. Then I made Stella one that night. So her is hers. Oh I made those pants, too.
So speaking of headgear...we got this lovely creature in the mail last night from Suzanne and Balazs. HOW CUTE!! thanks you guys so much. everything was perfect that you sent.
Well, I am not the only one crafting around here. Nicholas made this airplane. We glued it together yesterday. And he painted it today. He is quite the artiste, huh? And check out his mouth. Didn't Picasso make that same expression whilst he painted. I thought so. Laugh now, but you just wait! someday.
Miss Stella has been loving real food lately. Here she is loving green beans and sweet potatoes.
OH, and if I might add (the sweet potatoes reminded me) if you ever "deep fry" anything you should try sweet potatoes chips. I have only fried things in oil twice before. So I guess about once a year. But these were so good I might have to break the pattern and fry a second time in 2008. You just peel and slice the sweet potatoes and soak the slices in cold water for 30 min. The thinner the better on the slicing, too. Then you fry them in oil. Then you sprinkle salt and cinnamon on them. Yum. Stella's sweet potato was boiled and Nick didn't eat his chips. I know I ate just about the whole batch.
Hear me Roar! (As in "I am woman...")
Nick and I shoveled the driveway the other day. It is beginning to form the gauntlet. It has been snowing a lot here. I didn't realize how much snow had fallen on Wednesday until we already backed out of the driveway. We hadn't shoveled for a few days so there was probably about eight inches. It had been freezing the week before. Like negative temperatures...how's -9 for you. Shawn said it was -18 one morning going to work. Then it warmed up and dumped lots of fresh beautiful (and heavy) snow. And unfortunately, I could not get that snowblower up and running so I cleared the whole driveway with one shovel.
Well that just might have to do it for today. It has been a nice peaceful day at home. I did have to fish Stella's nail clippers out of the toilet this morning. Guess the "fell" in. Why Nick? And tonight...we have a babysitter. Shawn and I are going tubing for a couple hours. Should be cold. But fun.
3 comments:
I see that Nick gives a little "Blue Steel" and "Le Tigre" when he's painting. I like your style Nick. It must be hard being really really ridiculously good looking.
"Velcro. Next to the walkman and Tab, it is the coolest invention of the 20th century."
Very cool - Love Stella's pants and Nick's hat. I need a craft day - however I don't have a sewing machine. I need a scrap book day to catch up on Wesley's baby book and Bradley's too. I need to sit down and order pictures, I need to do A LOT Of things - there is never enough time and/or money to do all the things I would LOVE to do.
i LOVE those cutie pants on her and the great headband! you are super talented!
Post a Comment