Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mug O Cake

Nothing better than a quick way to make a little cake. Saw this idea here and here. And if you go there, you will see that they found it other places. But here's the deal. You put some ingredients in a mug and microwave it for three minutes and then you have CAKE! This is not just for kids. Cake-loving friends, you are welcome.

What you will need:

Recipe:
Mix these dry ingredients in the mug first:
4 Tbs flour
4 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs cocoa
Add these wet ingredients to the mug:
3 Tbs milk
3 Tbs oil
1 egg
remember Dry 4, 4, and 2. Wet 3, 3, and 1. Cook 3 min

Start mixing.

Mix very well.

Put in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Not one blog mentioned that your cake might rise up out of the mug. Both of ours did. But did not explode. Whew. Wanna see what I mean?

Dump in a bowl. If you can't wait that long, eat it from the mug. But it is very hot.

I will be making these again in my test kitchen to see if you can substitute applesauce for the oil. I bet this can be done with banana or peanut butter or pumpkin! Hmmm.
Everyone ate theirs differently- with Cool Whip, plain, and with powdered sugar. I think it needed real whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Satisfied customers:

5 comments:

MarthaJeanTheMeanMachine said...

Cool Recipe! I'm going to make it this week! Thanks Kate!

MarthaJeanTheMeanMachine said...

Hey, I almost forgot, you gotta make some coffee mug koozies and anything else I can get for the 5 female attorneys in my office. Put them up at your etsy store!

-h said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is one of the coolest activities I've seen in a long time. We're going to try this ASAP. Thanks sooo much!

Hasbrouck Family said...

That is pretty cool. My boys might like that! I haveto ask what is muffin tin Monday...

P.s. This is Lesley from Alaska

Shelley W. said...

Totally FUN! Thanks! We are so educating one another via the BLOG! Keep em coming! We'll also have to try these over the weekend! It's ingredients we ALL have too!