

Let the kids play and romp in the Children's Ikea. Then headed downstairs to the Marketplace and warehouse. It is just such an experience to shop at Ikea. But they are so unbelievably kid friendly. They even sell baby food at the restaurant and have free diapers at the restroom changing stations. And they don't mind if your kids try out their stuff. In fact, they encourage it. So we tried out the rooms,

the beds

and the toys. They loved these rockers so much that we bought them. Not bad- 10 bucks each. So $20 impulse buy on Friday. We had to get two. They were great to have in the hotel room.

Then another $20 impulse buy on Saturday. Oh, yes, we went back. Just quickly went around the rooms and homes, then played and had lunch. But Shawn is such a sucker for these kids!!

So now we have two new goldens (plush toys). Stella's is "ruff" named by her. Nick decided tonight that his is named "Puppy Dog." So now Stella sleeps with Piggy and Ruff. Nick sleeps with Doggie Dog, Baby Dog (Doggie Dog's friend), and Puppy Dog. Whew. That is a lot of animals to get to bed.
I don't know what this face is all about.

I have one last finishing touch to hang up in their play room. I really really wanted to paint but I was vehemently out-voted. Maybe in the winter. Pictures coming soon.
7 comments:
HOW FUN!!! I can't wait to see what else you bought! Take and post lots of pics of your new house! I've only seen the kitchen!
I have never been to an IKEA but it looks like an all day experience. Looks like you all had fun!
Good pictures! I've been waiting for a new post. For Heaven's sake, what are you doing spending 6 hours at IKEA??? That's 6 hours of your life that you can't get back!
I have always wanted to go to Ikea! I have contemplated visiting the one in VA and have everything shipped... Can't wait to see what you got!
Yes we love IKEA! I had never been to one till we moved here! It definitely is an experience!!
LOVE it! Ha ha! This post made me laugh. Especially the impromptu purchase of those $9.99 rockers...THAT was THE item my guys played on and carried around for about a full hour when we were there. My Mom-in-law kept offering to buy them for them...I was sooo tempted but we just don't have any more room in our 1400 sq ft house. What else did you get girl!?
Looks like you guys had a blast!!!
Can't wait to see pictures of everything all set up! Yes, the food there is yummy.
Post a Comment