Thursday, February 17, 2011

Seriously, I am a PTO mom.

Technically, it is not a "PTO" because the kids are at a Lutheran school and they call it PALS (Parents and Lutheran Schools). Why does that just sound gay to me?! Anyway, I am not just a PALS parent, I am the Secretary of the whole thing! What!?

I knOW! But the school has been having some trouble this year. I don't even have enough time to discuss it with you! But let's just say we are applying at another school for next year. The applications were sent out to wait list families on Monday...still nothing today. Trying to be patient. Even though I sprinted sauntered to the mailbox as soon as I heard that diesel jeep pull away. But I want to get our info in as soon as we can. This school will set the standard, I believe, for the rest of their educational years. N and S don't know about it yet. And we just hope there is room for us and the kids pass their interviews (assuming they get one)...anyways.

Back to their current school. Currently they do not have a parent/teacher organization and have not had functioning in the past three years we have been there! (I know right!) So I am so glad to help their current school set up a parent/teacher organization and get it running and ready for next year. It is the least I can do to support the teachers whom we just adore and utterly appreciate! So at least for the next few months, I will be able to help raise funds and ensure they go back to the teachers and classrooms where we parents believe the money should be. Lotsa work ahead of us and I will be able to learn a lot. Our new president has a high-schooler (oooh) so she like, practically knows like, everything about PTOs. : )

But that's what I have been tied up at the computer working on for the past few weeks. It is just a lot of work upfront- writing bylaws and budgets, but it will be at a more normal pace now.

--Kate

No comments: