*Finally* I got the video of Nick's soccer game from the camera to the blog. But we are knee deep in soccer practices and games for Nick and Stella. Last spring I went to very few of Nick's games and now this fall I will probably spend most of my time at Nick's. That's just how it goes when there are two kids playing and Dad is the coach of one of the teams. Shawn has coached Nick's team a few times and now it is time for him to coach Stella!
Also, Nick, sort of moved up in soccer. For the past few years he has been playing at the YMCA and doing great there. He really loves the game. But I could see that it was time for a change. I won't get into it, but it was time for him to take the next step up. Shawn and I have been talking about it for a while, but didn't make the move until we were sure he was ready. This fall Nick is playing at a local soccer club. Basically this means, nicer fields, following the rules of soccer a bit closer, fewer kids on a team= which means more coaching and playing time.
Here are the clips from Saturday's games all meshed together in one video. Unfortunately it does look like Nick pushed/tripped a couple of kids. We have discussed this with him. I doubt it was intentional, but it sure looks questionable, and he knows that. Besides that...he kicked butt!! I was so proud and surprised at the way he played. He was very strong out there! He got to start and he play a lot of the game. Which meant he also got tired out there because the coach didn't sub him out. But he had a great time playing on his new team. They will get their real shirts soon. Nick's team is yellow...and Nick is wearing green socks and sunglasses.
--Kate
2 comments:
awesome video! yeah, i definitely saw where he took those kids down. i'm sure he'll watch that from now on. he is sooo good! he looks like he is contstantly working on his next move to get the ball or protect the goal. we only wish we could go to one of his games.
Thanks for the video!!!! If it weren't for the video we wouldn't get to see him in action!!!! He's really kicking butt!! He can trip anybody he wants to---Grammy said it's OK!!!
Post a Comment